Thursday, August 6, 2015

2015-2016 Planning

This summer has been a whirlwind for planning. Originally I was told "Expect 2 of the kids to come join us again full time, but I'm not sure when." This sent me into a spiral as all I could think of was "Are they coming or not and do I have to have things prepared school wise for them?" It honestly stressed me out. Our families have never had anything through the court which has always been a double edged sword. We call the shots on mutual agreements and under the kids requests and best interest. Luckily we can compromise on most things normally in a reasonable time frame. After 3 months of deliberations it was decided that the kids will spend 1 more year with their mom and then we will reevaluate. This will allow Beanie to finish out middle school with her friends.


So what does that mean for our home? I will have Nanners, Ryguy and Giddy home full time with Koda, who is already done. So I only will have a kinder in my home and some tag-a-longs. It honestly does relieve me knowing that I will have much less on my plate to allow me to focus on my health.


For our book list we are still following the Five in a Row recommendations. I love that they are high quality books with classic illustrations, most are non TV based ( with the exception of Babar and Corduroy which came much later) and normally has some pretty mild but needed themes.

I am planning on 1 book for about 2 weeks as we only do formal lessons 2-3 days a week. I personally feel a great start as I feel literature unit studies will transition well to main lesson blocks. This also gives me something more concrete to leave with hubby as he does some schooling if I am too tired and its easy for him to grab a book and do a craft or activity. Very simple and little pressure.




I have an accordion folder with a planning sheet from here for each book as it has a section for everything. We are trying to include a bible verse or lesson for each book and make a point to do a food craft of some sort as well. There may or may not be a sensory bin as I love them for the littles but might be difficult for some books.


For extra curricular we are keeping it simple with the Awana program with church.

Our school schedule will start this month and our first book will be A Pocket for Corduroy . I am excited to see how this year will turn out.


What are your plans for this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment