Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday- My momma

So today makes it 11 years. My mom had died of a brain aneurysm in 2001. My brother was 5. Of course I remembered it after I had seen a friend post something on facebook. I spent all of last week dreading today but when it came down to it I had completely forgotten. I felt like a horrible daughter. What kind of child would forget a day like today. I cried at work and cried when I had to stop back home for a clients folder. One thing Randy said stuck with me.
~Dont cry because you forgot today. Today is something meant to be forgotten. You still remember what she looked like and what she sounded like when she yelled at you as a kid. Remember her birthday and your parents anniversary. Remember reenacting with her and wanting to be just like her. Forget the pain of today and remember whats important.

Maybe my old hubby has some words of wisdom in him.


No comments:

Post a Comment