Saturday, June 25, 2011

DIY spa

Last night since we only had Nalani and I had been not so nice to Randy lately I decided to make him feel good for once. His feet are probably the most calloused feet I know so I figured I would try something new. I had saw only that some people have used sugar scrubs on their body. I didn't know what it was so i looked it up. Sugar is a great exfoliate. (shows how much of a girly girl I am. )  I used the following recipe: however I would not recommend using olive oil. They use way too much.  I also think I'm going to use almond oil next time. Its not as greasy.
Brown Sugar Scrub

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil (canola oil can be substituted)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract




Blending Procedure:
  1. Pour the brown sugar into a bowl and pack it tightly using the back of a spoon. Add the olive oil and mix together to form a paste.
  2. Add the vanilla extract last for a hint of scent. To use, scoop some into the palm of your hand and massage gently from limbs to torso, avoiding broken skin and face. Enjoy! 
I also added a good squirt of honey, as it is a great moisturizer.

You have to keep this refrigerated when you are done. It is all natural but has no preservatives. It will spoil if you don't. 

After I used it on his feet, Randy kept complaining how his feet didn't feel like his own.  After a long back rub I think he has no right to get mad at me for a few days.

Hopefully I can continue to make my own body products. It took very little time and effort and is so much better for you.
I also began to crochet again. I made a barbie doll hat instead of a human one but its a decent start. Pictures to follow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment