Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday- I got my cookies!!!

So. As you probably dont know I am on a gluten free diet. Not too bad for the most part. Makes quick lunches kind of difficult and have to be a little more creative. However if you want something sweet do not bother going to the store. You can not have any cookies or cakes. Unless you make them yourself.... So I found an awesome sugar cookie recipe online and tried it out. Pretty good I have to say. Plus if your kids prefer the gluten free stuff to their packaged stuff I think I found a winner.
 Ignore my messy kitchen.
 Some were a bit more crumbly than most but still edible.
 The new jar/pot thing I found at Salvation Army for $2. It was a steal and I could not turn it down.
Nasty inside of it (not washed yet) but I love all the compartments.

Recipe

3 cups Rice Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter aka 2 sticks
2 eggs beaten
1 cup sugar

Mix it all up.
put in the fridge for half hour if you want shapes if not just ball
bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 Min.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment